- The voice you listen to determines the future you experience.
- Isaiah 55:1-3
- Call and response.
- Everything that you see started with something that God said.
- God has given you the freedom to choose the voice you respond to.
- The greatest enemy is in me.
- Dialogue and destiny.
- Lies create limitation.
- Genesis 3:1
- Deception and distortion.
- Premise and promise.
- Consume and consumed. You choose the thoughts that you consume and the thoughts will consume you.
- Detection and defense.
- Whatever, whatever.
- You can’t stop the chatter. You can’t determine which thoughts come…but you can block it.
- Philippians 4:8
- Ephesians 4:22
- Anger is the right response to sin. But we are told not to sin when we are angry. (Ephesians 4:26)
- As much as we can, let us work on the problems with urgency.
- Don’t just think about your hurt. Think about how the enemy is using your pain to hurt others. (Ephesians 4:27)
- Watch your words. What’s gonna help them? (Ephesians 4:29)
- Get rid of all bitterness.
- If you don’t choose forgivess, you choose bitterness.
- You need to keep going by faith until you see by sight what God is doing in your life.
- Bitterness usually doesn’t have much to do with the gravity of the offense, but more with the closeness of the relationship.
- How do you know if you’re bitter? When you think about all the time. When it stirs up emotion. When you remember every detail.
- If you don’t do something about bitterness, it escalates.
- What is Forgiveness?
1. Canceling a debt
2. Removing that person’s control of you
3. A gift for them and you
4. Forsaking revenge
5. Leaving ultimate justice to God
6. A decision and a process
7. Want good for them
- What it’s not:
1. Diminishing the sin
3. A response to an apology
4. Covering up sin
Page 1 of 14